Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 1 suckas!!! (french open 2008)


Day 1 is over. Honestly I'm not that into it yet. Perhaps too many empty seats? (See photo above) Djokovic lost a set and that caused a stir of interest in me.

If anyone has been on another planet, Justine Henin retired. She was my favorite. Now I'm rooting for Svetlana Kuznetsova aka Pitbull.

By the way, Novak won in 4 sets. And in case you've been on another planet, Tsonga, this years Australian Open finalist (a player that the public has placed massive expectations upon), has withdrawn. He'll now go on a hiatus (this was announced a few days ago, before the start of the tourney) due to injuries. He's getting a knee surgery pronto. That's terrible news. I think he would have gotten shucked like a raw oyster at Roland Garros. I know his Australian run was a charm, but this clay is a different story. It's clay after all. Not grass. Not concrete. This is a dude who has only appeared at Roland Garros once before. In 2005 he got toasted by Andy Roddick. Toasted by Andy Roddick on clay? OUch.